Tickets are now available for dozens of innovative performances
has revealed its popular autumn programme, packed with unique shows and performances from up-and-coming talent and household names, including Jason Byrne, Mark Watson and Griff Rhys Jones.
The season gets underway as the charity-run arts centre is aiming to raise £130,000 after a series of reductions in public funding.
Visitors and supporters can ‘Be a Brick’ and ‘buy a brick’ on a colourful virtual wall to show their support for £10 or £50 per year. So far, more than 1,200 bricks have been purchased and, with the support of several crucial grants, the total raised so far stands at over £82,000.
This autumn, the venue will host a season of unique and varied events, beginning in early September, including music and comedy performances, inspiring talks, theatre for kids and great nights out.
The Drill Hall’s innovative Pay What You Decide scheme will be in place for a range of performances to encourage audiences to book a ticket for free, watch the show and donate how much money they thought it was worth.
Chris Kirkwood, CEO at Lincoln Drill Hall, said:
“Autumn is the perfect time to re-energise after a busy summer, but as we get closer to Halloween, it’s important to remind people that we still need their support by saying ‘Brick or Treat’! There are no tricks keeping Lincoln Drill Hall going; just a lot of ‘bricks’, that is to say; people who are pledging their support to keep a wide range of fantastic shows, arts and community events in the heart of Lincoln.
“There’s nothing better than getting out to try something new as say goodbye to summer and settle back into our routines, so we’re pleased to announce a really varied autumn programme that has a bit of something for everyone.
“We’ve had a lot of success with Pay What You Decide since we introduced the scheme in 2018, and we hope that it will continue to encourage audiences to take a chance on a show they might not normally see. This scheme means that you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. We hope this will encourage more people to explore something they might love and it will support some really innovative performers.
“From great nights out to hilarious comedy performances, the coming months are really varied and exciting so we’d encourage anyone looking to indulge in a bit of laughter, singing and dancing to book tickets soon!”
- Matt Richardson, Thomas Green and MC Tudur Owen will kick start Lincoln Drill Hall’s Autumn season, taking to the stage on September 7th for the Red Herring Comedy Club.
- Griff Rhys Jones will make an appearance on September 12th, performing his new stand up show Griff Rhys Jones: All Over the Place. Comedian Dave Johns, star of ‘I, Daniel Blake’ and ‘Fisherman’s Friends’ will continue the laughs later in the month. The multi award winning actor will bring his stand-up act, Dave Johns: From Byker to the BAFTAs to the Drill Hall on September 27th.
- Enjoy a night on the tiles and celebrate all things Sir Elton John with Crocodile Rock on September 13th. Crocodile Rock stars one of the UK’s most acclaimed Elton tribute artists alongside a live eight-piece band.
- Children of all ages will love Jay Foreman’s Disgusting Songs for Revolting Children on September 14th. The award winning musical comedian will bring his much loved songs to the stage for the whole family to enjoy.
- For fans of royalty, historian and presenter will explore the British Monarchy through the ages on September 17th.
- On October 6th, audiences will be treated to a concert led by popular violinist Sophie Rosa. Sinfonia Viva will feature songs by Mozart, Mendelssohn, Grieg and Suk and is co-produced with Orchestras Live.
- The world’s number one touring ABBA tribute production, ABBA Mania, will bring ABBA’s best loved hits to Lincoln for the perfect party on October 12th. Lovers of disco will also have the chance to dance the night away at Boogie Wonderland on October 26th.
- Red Earth Theatre: Soonchild is a captivating performance set somewhere north of the Arctic Circle and tells the story of a shaman who sets out on a special journey to find the World Songs for Soonchild. Described as “magical” by The Sunday Times, this Pay What You Decide event will be a treat for families on October 13th.
- Emily Bronte enthusiasts are in for a treat on October 17th. The Unthanks - The Emily Bronte Song Cycle + Special Guests will feature the re-telling of 10 of Bronte’s poems in song form, as performed by The Unthanks and special guests.
- On October 19th, Mark Watson’s Infinite Show will explore the state of the world around us and the people in it, as told by one of the UK’s best loved comedy acts.
- Children aged five, particularly learning disabled children and young ones on the autistic spectrum will be immersed in the world of Patience, Bird and Clanky Jane in the American Dust Bowl. Bamboozle Theatre: Pulse is a Pay What You Decide performance taking place on October 22nd, and features captivating visual effects, puppetry and live music.
- An Audience with Lesley Garrett will kick start November’s performances on November 3rd. Britain’s most popular soprano will host an evening of song, reminiscences and chat.
- Historian Lucy Worsley will host an illustrated talk exploring the life of Queen Victoria on November 6th, based on her popular book, Queen Victoria - Daughter, Wife, Mother and Widow.
- On November 7th, will treat audiences to a special acoustic performance of contemporary greats and classic hits.
- Comedian Jason Byrne is back with a brand new show, Wrecked But Ready, on November 8th. After 23 years of touring, the ‘King of live comedy’ will bring his unique perspective to the Lincoln stage.
- Former Britain’s Got Talent act and critically acclaimed comedian Daliso Chaponda is set to perform his daring new show, Blah Blah Blacklist on November 15th, delivering sharp one liners and well crafted gags following his meteoric rise to fame.
More information about Lincoln Drill Hall and its autumn season can be found at