Do you work in the food, farming or hospitality industry in Lincolnshire? If so, you should be applying for one of biggest awards of the year -the Select Lincolnshire awards.
The Select Lincolnshire Awards are back once again on the 9th of October, at Lincoln Minster School where we will recognise and celebrate all of the hard work, innovation and drive that pushes the sector forward. The industry remains one of the largest and most prosperous sectors in the county bringing in millions of pounds to the local economy.
Guests of the awards will be treated to a 3-course meal, made wholly from Lincolnshire produce and provided by our very own Select Lincolnshire members. The evening will also feature a champagne and canape reception, after dinner coffee and petit-fours, entertainment and the all-important awards ceremony.
Entries are now open to the awards, and we have a wide range of sponsorship opportunities available for this exclusive event, ranging from headline sponsor, to specific award sponsors. The 2018 awards categories are:
- Wholesaler of the Year
- Producer/Grower of the Year
- Hotel of the Year
- Retailer of the Year
- Pub of the Year
- Restaurant of the Year
- Self-Caterer of the Year
- Caterer/Venue of the Year
- Teaching Establishment of the Year
- Tea Room of the Year
- Business of the Year
We are also on the lookout for a partner to work with us on the Peoples Choice Award, which will launch later in the year. The Peoples Choice Award gives consumers, as well as local chefs, cooks and shoppers, the chance to vote for their favourite local food business.
Select Lincolnshire are encouraging more local businesses than ever to apply for an award as a way to acknowledge their craft, their history, their hobbies and dreams which turned into a reality, and the services and products which keep the sector at the forefront of the local economy and keep it growing year after year.
But why else should businesses apply for an award?
- Meet other businesses in your industry – Whether you’re a small business wanting to break onto the food and farming scene or a larger business looking for support, there will be a full array of businesses looking for opportunities, open to discussion, giving advice and wanting to hear more about you.
- Opportunity to attend a high profile business event – The awards only come round once a year, and therefore it’s a great opportunity to get your business seen and heard through attending or entering.
- Increased confidence and motivation – Winning is a feel good factor and can improve the morale and confidence of the team generating a buzz among employees in the workplace. This can only lead to positive ‘can do’ attitudes, happiness and assurance at work.
- Receive FREE PR & Marketing – All winners and shortlisted businesses will be featured in the Spring/Summer edition of the Good Taste magazine, will be proudly displayed on the Select Lincolnshire website and the Chamber Matters magazine by Lincolnshire Chamber of Commerce.
- Get recognised as a quality business - Winning an award provides an extra level of credibility. It’s a nice touch on the end of an email signature, something to show on the homepage of your website and certificates and awards can be proudly displayed in your place of business, making it the first thing customers see on their arrival.
- Set yourself apart from your competitors – Winning sets you apart from your competitors and while we’re keen on connecting businesses across the county and seeing people work together, winning can give you that extra edge and builds immediate trust between you and your audience.
- A lovely night out for the team - It’s an opportunity to have a night off and dine in style with some of Lincolnshire’s finest businesses. You will eat local food all freshly prepared on site by the catering team at Lincoln Minster School, giving you an opportunity to taste local ingredients in a creative form.
Winning a business award and becoming a finalist has innumerable benefits, so enter today for your chance to win and be part of something big in your local community.
For more information, to apply or to sponsor the event please visit our awards page or contact the Lincolnshire Chamber on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Love Select Lincolnshire