ChamberCustoms is a customs declaration service delivered by the Chamber for UK importers and exporters, of all sizes.
With our extensive knowledge, reputation and first-class service in facilitating International Trade, we can take the hassle out of your hands when it comes to importing and exporting goods.
With our direct links to HMRC Customs handling system and inventory linked ports, we can ensure that your goods, no matter where they enter or leave the UK, will be cleared for onward transportation smoothly and swiftly.
Click here for a link to the government website to show the changes expected.
What do we offer?
– High level compliance and assurance for our customers
– Wealth of knowledge, expertise and experience from your trusted Chamber of Commerce International Trade experts
– Confidence in tariff and data entry to remove fiscal risk; back by the technical expertise of the market leader in this sector
A consultancy service and further in depth training is also available at a chargeable rate, please contact us with your enquiries for more information on this.Email us
What is a Customs Declaration?
A customs declaration (or C88 SAD) is the paperwork that is required to get goods through customs. Previously goods that moved around the EU did not require a customs declaration due to free movement of goods. However, from 1 January 2021 a customs declaration will be required for all EU Imports and Exports.
Currently the UK completes around 55 Million customs declarations a year. After the end of the transition period on 31 December 2020 (which the Government have consistently said will not be extended) this number is expected to increase to around 300 million.
Getting ready for 1st January 2021
– Will your current customs agent be able to cope with a six-fold increase in declarations?
– Do you know if they are completing accurate declarations on your behalf?
– Are your agents able to clear goods through every seaport and airport in the UK?
– What would the impact be on your business of delays at the port?
– If you only currently trade with Europe do you now need help with your export and import documentation requirements?
Navigating trade documentation can be complicated, as a Chamber we would advise all businesses to put plans in place now to ensure that they will be able to trade with the EU after the 31st December 2020. Fill out our introductory form by clicking on the button below and we’ll guide you along the way.Contact Us
Don’t miss the ChamberCustoms Webinar Series: Countdown to Change – four topical and interactive webinars.
They will be full of practical information and advice on what businesses need to do now in order to be prepared for the changes on 1 January 2021. They will also guide businesses through the jargon and complexities of Customs processes to ensure they understand what change is required.
|Webinar 1: 100 days to go||Tuesday 22 September||15:30 – 16:30||Been & gone|
|Webinar 2: 75 days to go||Friday 16 October||10:00 – 11:00||Book here|
|Webinar 3: 50 days to go||Wednesday 11 November||10:00 – 11:00||Book here|
|Webinar 4: 30 days to go||Tuesday 1 December||10:00 – 11:00||Book here|
Please book to attend each individual webinar in this series.
These events are FREE for Chamber members, with a charge for non-members.See all upcoming events
Log into your account