ChamberCustoms is a customs declaration service delivered by the Chamber for UK importers and exporters, of all sizes.
With our extensive knowledge, reputation and first-class service in facilitating International Trade, we can take the hassle out of your hands when it comes to importing and exporting goods.
With our direct links to HMRC Customs handling system and inventory linked ports, we can ensure that your goods, no matter where they enter or leave the UK, will be cleared for onward transportation smoothly and swiftly.
We aim to action all declarations as soon as we can and are prioritising shipments, however due to the uptake in the service, please allow a turnaround time of 24hours for declarations to be completed which don’t have further queries. In extremely busy periods turnaround time could take up to 48hours.
The government has made £20 million available through the current SME Brexit Support Fund.
You can apply for up to £2,000 through the SME Brexit Support Fund to pay for practical support, including training and/or professional advice, if you are a trader with up to 500 employees and no more than £100 million annual turnover. Two types of grants are available:
Grant for Training
Grant for Professional Advice
This grant can be used towards the cost of our ChamberCustoms service.Find out more and apply
What do we offer?
– High level compliance and assurance for our customers
– Wealth of knowledge, expertise and experience from your trusted Chamber of Commerce International Trade experts
– Confidence in tariff and data entry to remove fiscal risk; back by the technical expertise of the market leader in this sector
A consultancy service and further in depth training is also available at a chargeable rate, please contact us with your enquiries for more information on this.Email us
What is a Customs Declaration?
A customs declaration (or C88 SAD) is the paperwork that is required to get goods through customs. Previously goods that moved around the EU did not require a customs declaration due to free movement of goods. However, from 1 January 2021 a customs declaration will be required for all EU Imports and Exports.
Currently the UK completes around 55 Million customs declarations a year. After the end of the transition period on 31 December 2020 (which the Government have consistently said will not be extended) this number is expected to increase to around 300 million.
– Is your current customs agent coping with a six-fold increase in declarations?
– Do you know if they are completing accurate declarations on your behalf?
– Are your agents able to clear goods through every seaport and airport in the UK?
– What would the impact be on your business of delays at the port?
– If you only currently trade with Europe, do you now need help with your export and import documentation requirements?
Fill out our introductory form by clicking on the button below and we’ll guide you along the way.Contact Us
Log into your account