New Road was officially named in 1871. For the next 120 years, these New Road premises have housed coach builders, motor engineers and a garage.

Until the early 1800s, the River Westlode ran along the course of New Road and Westlode Street. The site of these premises was on the north bank or Westlode Side. Its approximate location is marked ‘Ivy Wall’ on the town map of 1732. The map is an important historical reference in Spalding’s history.

Web: www.jdwetherspoon.com/pubs/all-pubs/england/lincolnshire/the-ivy-wall-spalding

Telephone: 01775 719770