Please note this is a digital webinar delivered via Zoom.
Aims and Objectives
Through training, discussion, case studies and exercises, the programme is designed:
– To give delegates a thorough understanding of the main documentary requirements and legal obligations placed upon them when exporting from the UK
– To ensure delegates are aware of record keeping requirements as demanded by HMRC – the “Audit Trail”
– To assist exporters minimise unnecessary costs and delays in delivery
– Delegates will be able to produce export documents both correctly and cost-effectively
– Delegates will be able to meet the legal obligations demanded of exporters when despatching goods overseas – especially those of meeting UK/EU origin requirements
– Delegates will be able to improve their chances of getting paid more quickly
– Introduction to the programme
– Why is this programme needed? – Case studies of export disasters!
– Getting the basics right – simple tips and hints to minimise future problems
– Sources of information – What information an exporter needs to access and why
The export steps, records that need to be kept, software for producing documents, “on-line or hard copy”?
A study of documentary content – including what each item relates to – and why it is there. With specific emphasis on finding commodity codes, understanding and meeting origin requirements – and using Incoterms 2020 correctly.
– Commercial – with specific reference to the export invoice (including VAT considerations at export). Also covers quotations and packing lists
– Origin – EC C/O, ABCC C/O, EUR1s and the ATR. The session will involve the use of eCert, authentication procedure, correct completion ,Wet/Dry authentication, typical errors and how to avoid them
– Other official documents produced by exporter – but required by both exporters and importers – including pre-shipment inspection, quality documents and export licences
– Getting the good shipped – Information and documents required by the forwarder
– Transport documents – Bills of Lading, AWBs and CMR – and their significance as proofs of export
– Working with HMRC – their role, record keeping for Customs’ and the necessary documents –C88s
“ I found the course very interesting and learned a few things that I wasn’t aware of. It was easy to understand and the notes very helpful. I would recommend it to anyone that deals in export as you may learn something that makes the day worth it just as I did.”
” The course was very informative with a good overview of different export docs. Steve was really helpful and has offered ongoing support to all of us for any further queries.”
Training course for managers and HR to learn how to recognise mental ill health and provide support.
|Oct 25th 2021
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Lincolnshire Chamber Of Commerce, Commerce House, Carlton Boulevard, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, LN2 4WJ
This free event brings people and business together so that job and training opportunities can be sh...
|Oct 27th 2021
10:00 am - 1:00 pm
All businesses in Lincoln and the area are welcome to this fun, informal network!
|Oct 28th 2021
4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Craft, 272 High Street, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, LN2 1JG
Annual conference for the LEP, which will be the official launch of the new UK Food Valley.
|Nov 2nd 2021
8:30 am - 1:00 pm
Epic Centre, Lincolnshire Showground, Grange de Lings, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, LN2 2NA
A networking event for businesses in the East Lindsey region. All businesses are welcome!
|Nov 3rd 2021
4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
The Brackenborough Hotel, Cordeaux Corner, Louth, Lincolnshire, LN11 0SZ
Free conference for businesses of all sizes to minimise their risk and exposure to potential cybercr...
|Nov 4th 2021
9:30 am - 2:00 pm
Kia Oval, Surrey County Cricket Club, Kennington, London, SE11 5SS
Log into your account